Borno Gov Praises Tinubu But Indicates Army Didn’t Rescue 416 Women, Kids episode artwork

EPISODE · Jun 9, 2026 · 15 MIN

Borno Gov Praises Tinubu But Indicates Army Didn’t Rescue 416 Women, Kids

from OsazuwaAkonedo · host OSAZUWAAKONEDO LIMITED

Borno Gov Praises Tinubu But Indicates Army Didn’t Rescue 416 Women, Kidshttps://osazuwaakonedo.news/borno-gov-praises-tinubu-but-indicates-army-didnt-rescue-416-women-kids/#AFN #army #Babagana #Borno #BOSYA #Ngoshe #Gwoza #Maiduguri #Pulka #Zulum Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum may have given a clearer picture and addressed some fundamental issues in the Press Release issued by the Nigerian Army on Saturday that caused mixed reactions among members of the public, especially Borno Youths under the umbrella body of Borno South Youth Alliance, BOSYA who had condemned the military for saying in the press release that its men rescued 360 out of the 416 women and children held hostage by the Boko haram terrorists based on intelligence driven efforts that made the terrorists to flee and abandoned their victims upon sighting the superior power of the men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, AFN, with some of the terrorists arrested, but, the State Governor, Babagana Zulum while speaking during his assessment visit to Pulka community on Monday, said, 434  victims out of the total numbers of people kidnapped early this year in Ngoshe community by the Boko Haram terrorists have regained freedom, specifically stating that; "357 captives walked free in the latest coordinated effort, other captives had been released in phases over the preceding months, bringing the total number of freed captives to 434", this, we had reported that Youths in Borno State under the umbrella body of Borno South Youth Alliance, BOSYA has insisted that the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu did nothing to secure the release of the 416 women and children held hostage by Boko Haram terrorists for more than 90 days they were taken into the bush since March 2026, also, the youth group dismissed and rejected the  report of the Nigerian Army who had alleged that its men rescued 360 out of the 416 people held hostage through intelligent driven efforts, saying, they have an audio record of the conversation they had with the Boko Haram terrorists on Friday June 5th, 2026 before the Boko Haram terrorists decided to release the captives willingly, adding, "If they paid ransom, they should come out and tell Nigerians, which we have the full details if ransoms was paid or not, as Senator Ali Ndume automatically started thanking President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is there something Nigerians Need to know that is Hidden", it maybe recalled that we have reported that barely a day after President Donald Trump of the United States of America, the USA announced the killing of Abu Bilal al-Minuki, the second in command of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, ISIS in a joint operation with Nigeria soldiers in Borno State, a new video of the abducted 416 women and children in Boko Haram captivity has been released in addition to a gory video earlier released by the terrorists wherein they beheaded almost six men who the insurgents said tried to escape among the kidnapped victims, this had led to public outcry and demonstrations, but according to Punch Newspaper, protesters are reportedly denied the rights to protest in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, saying, the Army reportedly deployed tanks and heavily armed personnel to Filling Polo, the venue of the recent planned protest, forcing the demonstrators to withdraw, quoting Samaila Kaigama, leader of the protesters, as saying; the atmosphere created by the military deployment made it impossible for citizens to continue with the demonstration, that the development is deeply disturbing in a constitutional democracy, it may also be recalled that we had reported that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria may have kept mute since more than 48 hours a faction of the Boko Haram terrorists showed off 416 people mostly women and children kidnapped and held hostage when the members of the Jama’atu Ahlis-Sunna Lidda’Awati Wal-Jihad, JAS, launched a large scale combat actions between 4th to 6th March 2026 against the men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, AFN, overran the Africa country military base at Ngoshe, killing several soldiers, a figure the Nigeria authority disputed to be 14 after several reports indicated that more than 40 soldiers were killed during the attack, in addition to more than 100 civilians including Chief Iman of Ngoshe alongside the community elders killed during the coordinated attacks that lasted days at Ngoshe community in Gwoza local government area of Borno state, this, during the attacks, numbers of people were also taken hostage by the insurgents, with speculations indicating that the hostages are apparently being held at the rugged terrain of the Mandara Mountains, which sit wide across the Nigeria border with Cameroon, in the released video, one of the spokespersons of the Boko Haram group said they decided to release a proof of life video of the 416 women and children in their captivity, following the demands made  #OsazuwaAkonedoBecome a supporter of this podcast: https://www.spreaker.com/podcast/osazuwaakonedo--4980924/support.If you love how we break down the noise and deliver unfiltered news, we need your strength to stay completely independent. Keep our newsroom sharp and efficient by supporting us today—head over to our donation page at: DonateWant your updates even faster? Tap the link in our description to download our mobile app on the Google Play Store for news in text, video, and audio format: CLICK TO DOWNDLOAD ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE And for the developers and webmasters looking to supercharge their websites, and if you own a website but don't know anything about web design, don't worry, grab our premium, server-native scripts at Mu Plugins. Our premium plugins are built to work completely on autopilot—speeding up your website and protecting your earnings with a simple, code-free setup. Whether you are a beginner or a professional webmaster looking to supercharge your platform , let's build together!

Episode metadata supplied by the publisher feed · Published Jun 9, 2026

Embed this episode

Borno Gov Praises Tinubu But Indicates Army Didn’t Rescue 416 Women, Kids https://osazuwaakonedo.news/borno-gov-praises-tinubu-but-indicates-army-didnt-rescue-416-women-kids/ #AFN #army #Babagana #Borno #BOSYA #Ngoshe #Gwoza #Maiduguri #Pulka #Zulum Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum may have given a clearer picture and addressed some fundamental issues in the Press Release issued by the Nigerian Army on Saturday that caused mixed reactions among members of the public, especially Borno Youths under the umbrella body of Borno South Youth Alliance, BOSYA who had condemned the military for saying in the press release that its men rescued 360 out of the 416 women and children held hostage by the Boko haram terrorists based on intelligence driven efforts that made the terrorists to flee and abandoned their victims upon sighting the superior power of the men of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, AFN, with some of the terrorists arrested, but, the State Governor, Babagana Zulum while speaking during his assessment visit to Pulka community on Monday, said, 434 victims out of the total numbers of people kidnapped early this year in Ngoshe community by the Boko Haram terrorists have regained freedom, specifically stating that; "357 captives walked free in the latest coordinated effort, other captives had been released in phases over the preceding months, bringing the total number of freed captives to 434", this, we had reported that Youths in Borno State under the umbrella body of Borno South Youth Alliance, BOSYA has insisted that the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu did nothing to secure the release of the 416 women and children held hostage by Boko Haram terrorists for more than 90 days they were taken into the bush since March 2026, also, the youth group dismissed and rejected the report of the Nigerian Army who had alleged that its men rescued 360 out of the 416 people held hostage through intelligent driven efforts, saying, they have an audio record of the conversation they had with the Boko Haram terrorists on Friday June 5th, 2026 before the Boko Haram terrorists decided to release the captives willingly, adding, "If they paid ransom, they should come out and tell Nigerians, which we have the full details if ransoms was paid or not, as Senator Ali Ndume automatically started thanking President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is there something Nigerians Need to know that is Hidden", it maybe recalled that we have reported that barely a day after President Donald Trump of the United States of America, the USA announced the killing of Abu Bilal al-Minuki, the second in command of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, ISIS in a joint operation with Nigeria soldiers in Borno State, a new video of the abducted 416 women and children in Boko Haram captivity has been released in addition to a gory video earlier released by the terrorists wherein they beheaded almost six men who the insurgents said tried to escape among the kidnapped victims, this had led to public outcry and demonstrations, but according to Punch Newspaper, protesters are reportedly denied the rights to protest in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, saying, the Army reportedly deployed tanks and heavily armed personnel to Filling Polo, the venue of the recent planned protest, forcing the demonstrators to withdraw, quoting Samaila Kaigama, leader of the protesters, as saying; the atmosphere created by the military deployment made it impossible for citizens to continue with the demonstration, that the development is deeply disturbing in a constitutional democracy, it may also be recalled that we had reported that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Nigeria may have kept mute since more than 48 hours a faction of the Boko Haram terrorists showed off 416 people mostly women and children kidnapped and held hostage when the members of the Jama’atu Ahlis-Sunna Lidda’Awati Wal-Jihad, JAS, launched a large scale combat...

Distinct summary based on available episode metadata or transcript content.

NOW PLAYING

Borno Gov Praises Tinubu But Indicates Army Didn’t Rescue 416 Women, Kids

0:00 15:25

No transcript for this episode yet

We transcribe on demand. Request one and we'll notify you when it's ready — usually under 10 minutes.

No similar episodes found.

No similar podcasts found.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long is this episode of OsazuwaAkonedo?

This episode is 15 minutes long.

When was this OsazuwaAkonedo episode published?

This episode was published on June 9, 2026.

Can I download this OsazuwaAkonedo episode?

Yes. Use the download control on the episode player to save the publisher-provided media file.
URL copied to clipboard!