EPISODE · Jan 22, 2019 · 57 MIN
Kenya Terrorist Attack
from African Dialogue · host Channel Africa
Hundreds were forced to flee the the DusitD2 hotel and business complex on Tuesday last week as Extremist Group al-Shabaab attacks it. President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya confirmed during a press briefing that at least 21 people were killed in the attack and some injured and had been admitted to hospital. The Somalia-based Islamist group al-Shabab said it was behind the attack, which triggered a 19-hour security operation. President Uhuru Kenyatta said the siege ended with five jihadist attackers "eliminated". Kenya has been a target for al-Shabab since October 2011, when it sent its army into Somalia to fight the jihadist group.We are joined by:Nerima Wako Executive Director SIASA Place James Shimanyula Channel Africa Correspondent Ryan Cummings Director African Risk Management Consultants & Signal Risk
Embed this episode
NOW PLAYING
Kenya Terrorist Attack
No transcript for this episode yet
Similar Episodes
No similar episodes found.
Similar Podcasts
No similar podcasts found.