EPISODE · Jul 15, 2026 · 5 MIN
New Iran, US attacks amid battle over control of Hormuz
from SBS News In Depth
Donald Trump has abandoned plans to charge ships using the Strait of Hormuz, just a day after announcing the controversial proposal. His administration has pressed ahead with a renewed blockade of Iranian shipping and another round of military strikes, but the U.S. President says that instead of the fee scheme, Gulf states will instead invest in the United States. Iran insists the ceasefire agreement reached last month has effectively collapsed, as both sides continue to exchange attacks.Donald Trump has abandoned plans to charge ships using the Strait of Hormuz, just a day after announcing the controversial proposal.His administration has pressed ahead with a renewed blockade of Iranian shipping and another round of military strikes, but the U.S. President says that instead of the fee scheme, Gulf states will instead invest in the United States.Iran insists the ceasefire agreement reached last month has effectively collapsed, as both sides continue to exchange attacks.
Embed this episode
NOW PLAYING
New Iran, US attacks amid battle over control of Hormuz
No transcript for this episode yet
Similar Episodes
No similar episodes found.
Similar Podcasts
No similar podcasts found.