WHO says hantavirus is not the new COVID, as passengers evacuated from outbreak cruise ship episode artwork

EPISODE · May 7, 2026 · 7 MIN

WHO says hantavirus is not the new COVID, as passengers evacuated from outbreak cruise ship

from SBS News In Depth

The cruise ship linked to a deadly hantavirus outbreak has left Cape Verde and is headed for the Canary Islands, where passengers are expected to depart the vessel and begin heading home. Three people have died in the outbreak with eight recorded cases so far. But the World Health Organisation is moving to reassure people hantavirus is not the new COVID-19.

Episode metadata supplied by the publisher feed · Published May 7, 2026

Embed this episode

NOW PLAYING

WHO says hantavirus is not the new COVID, as passengers evacuated from outbreak cruise ship

0:00 7:05

No transcript for this episode yet

We transcribe on demand. Request one and we'll notify you when it's ready — usually under 10 minutes.

No similar podcasts found.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long is this episode of SBS News In Depth?

This episode is 7 minutes long.

When was this SBS News In Depth episode published?

This episode was published on May 7, 2026.

Can I download this SBS News In Depth episode?

Yes. Use the download control on the episode player to save the publisher-provided media file.
URL copied to clipboard!